Early this week while taking the kids to school I was singing along to a song by Vampire Weekend and mid song I crooned “a thousand little Julia’s” at which time my children argued that the correct words were “a thousand little Jewelers.“ (50 seconds into song) After a quick google search it turns out, in this case at least, the parent was the “hip” one and had the correct lyrics. I imagined the singer describing a scene where metaphorically there were a thousand copies of one of his friends.
The image I conjured up led my mind to wandered to a great Flipped Bird friend named Julia and the almost 1,000 little Flipped Bird fans that have liked our Facebook page (a thousand little Julia’s). It is quite exciting and a bit overwhelming to think that there are many thousands of our reversible Flipped Birds traveling about the planet spreading happiness to their respective owners. In fact, many pictures have been submitted to Flipped Bird with happy FB bag and hat owner’s showing off their wears in unique locations or just with a great big happy smile.
The most gratifying part of our work is receiving your feedback and spreading happiness and we look forward to sharing more of this with you. As we approach the 1,000 mark on Facebook “likes” we will be celebrating names of those that are spreading happiness. Send us a photo of you emanating happiness with a Flipped Bird product and be eligible for our 1,000 happy fans celebration drawing for Flipped Bird products which will include a new reversible Flipped Bird bag (must like Flipped Bird on Facebook to win).
- E-mail your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your photo to Facebook and include your name.
- All photos will be put on the “world of Flipped Bird” rotating globe found on our Facebook page. (click here to peek)
- Pprovide your address because every submitted photo will be mailed a Flipped Bird hair tie.
- Sharing or linking to this blog on your Facebook page (see below) or just posting the Facebook status “go here to flippin’ be happy!” with a link to flipped bird’s Facebook page will make you eligible for the drawing (just let us know you did this!).
- Winners will be selected by Flipped Bird mascot Elvis the high flying dog after the 1,000 fan mark has been reached.
- More ways to be a part of the drawing/giveaway coming soon.